But, while I was recuperating, Myles cooked a delicious meal that has become one of our recent favorites. We were first introduced to this recipe by Myles' mom who made it for us while she was visiting in January (thanks Bev)!
Basically, it's stuffed peppers without the hassle. Let us know what you think!
Undone Stuffed Pepper Casserole
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cooked long-grain rice
1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown meat with peppers and garlic in large skillet; drain.
3. Stir in rice, spaghetti sauce, and 3/4 cup cheese.
4. Spoon into 2 qt. casserole dish; top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake 25 minutes or until heated through.